Friday, June 15, 2007

Return to the daily grind...

I've been away from PR and internet poker for almost a month barring a small 3 day stint when i was in London. But I've hardly had a break seeings as I was in Vegas for 3 weeks!

Vegas was great, but I made no money - i was about $100 up! On top of not really making any money I also spent a fortune.

As a result my roll is a little dented, and while I'm nowhere near busto, it would be nice to get a few wins under my belt soon!

I played 2 tournies this morning to warm me up ($5 and $10 >:s ) then played the three rebuys this afternoon.

No joy in the first.

Was 4th at the first break in the second only to donk off my chips and bubble in 61st (60 paid).

Third one:

Sometimes when I play these rebuys i feel as if ppl just give me their chips, other times you have to work for them. Well today was a day when ppl gave me them, which was incredibly nice of them - maybe they knew i would be a little rusty.

30 left i was cruising, took a few beats and bad situations and was suddenly struggling. I got AK in the sb, mid pos raised 2.5x i shoved and he insta called with 88 - he's supposed to fold there. It's not a bad beat, but it feels like one.

I then got lucky to win 3 flips, but again I was up against 99 twice and 66 once, and each time they possibly "should" have folded.

At the FT i was chipping away then lost a pot when the bb smooth called my raise when i had AK and led at the raggy flop.

5 mins later I'm all in with AK and a shorty calls with AQ only to spike the queen on the river.

5 mins after that UTG raises i shove AK aware that i have no fold equity... button calls and so does UTG, flop comes K hi, I'm typing to my buddy on msn "HOLD!". The button bets, utg folds and he flips KK....

GG Pug

$416 for your troubles...

No comments: